Sunday 3 July 2011

In My Mailbox #10

This is my tenth IMM? Wow, time flies.

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren. All links go to Amazon UK.


All my books are library books this week, but these were some great finds.

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, Ian Edginton and Ian Culbard
I'd never heard of this but it's a graphic novel adaptation of Wilde's novel, which is one of my all-time favourites. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new writer and artist do with the story.

Red Spikes by Margo Lanagan
A collection of 10 short stories by the author of Tender Morsels. I love the cover; it's so deliciously creepy.

Song of the Lioness by Tamora Pierce
I've been looking for this for so long! This bind-up of all the Alanna novels is out of print in the UK; you can only buy each book individually. The poor librarian had to go all the way into the basement to find it for me in the reserve stock. But I'm so happy to have it.

That's it for me! I'm on a book buying ban until August, as many books I'm dying to read are released then. So my only source of books is the library, but I can hardly complain when I'm finding such good books there!

10 comments:

  1. A graphic novel version of Wilde novel seems like such fun. I've never heard of this either. I hope you will tell us what its like when you're done reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Che - don't worry, they'll be a review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picture Of Dorian Gray is an amazing book!
    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading the Alanna books forever-a-go. I have reread them several times, and each time I fall a little more in love wit them. Although it has been a while since I've read them, and it might be time to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shoshanah - I fully expect to fall in love with them, too. I've been wanting to read this series for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooooh I love Tamora Pierce so much. I have the bind-up of the Alanna series and just seeing the picture of it makes me want to dig it out and re-read it for the 99th time.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-26.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Book buying ban, that's what I need, but I know I couldn't do it. Actually a library reservation ban might help me, I keep borrowing more so that I haven't had time to read any of my purchases for about two months now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my IMM post. I'm looking forward to reading it. Red Spikes looks interesting.

    Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice finds, I really like Tamora Pierce :)

    Yeah, get yourself signed up, you're missing out on all the fun ;)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great IMM :D I didn't know there was a graphic novel of Dorian Gray. I loved this book too :D I hope you enjoy all your books.

    Happy reading !

    PS: Thank you for stopping by my blog :D

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.