Saturday 29 September 2012

It's That Time of Year Again: Dewey's Read-a-Thon!


Christmas comes but once a year, but luckily for us, Dewey's Read-a-Thon comes twice. The next event is in exactly 2 weeks time: October 13th.

I did the Read-a-Thon for the first time in April and, honestly, I had the BEST time. 24 hours of reading sounds incredibly daunting, but with so many participants from all over the world, it feels more than having a giant, worldwide slumber party over the internet. You don't just read during the Read-a-Thon, it's really about devoting a day of your life to your love of books. Doing anything bookish counts: chatting about them, writing reviews, visiting book blogs and connecting with your fellow Read-a-Thon-ers. 

And you don't have to commit to the entire 24 hours, either. I did for the April Read-a-Thon and while that was great, that Read-a-Thon fortunately fell on a free day and easy part of the year for me - October is much busier. I'm going to try for at least 12 hours, though; I'm sure I can do that. I'm experienced now and have lots of tips and inside secrets to make it through the night.

If you're interested in the Read-a-Thon, all the details can be found here. The Read-a-Thon is named after Dewey, the blogger who started it but sadly passed away in 2008.

Hope you'll join in!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right. I love that you are comparing it to Christmas. It's definitely what it feels like.

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.