Friday 30 November 2012

Scarlet Read-Along: Weekly Link-up (4)



Chapters 14-16

The end! I really enjoyed Scarlet, but I didn't find the ending fully satisfying. Scarlet's personal journey was well done, but the story of Nottingham and its people couldn't really be resolved in one book, so there was a lot left unfinished and not everybody got the comeuppance they deserved. Looks like the author agrees, because Scarlet is now set to be a trilogy. I have mixed feelings about this: on the hand, more Scarlet = yay! But there are so many YA trilogies, it would've been nice to read a standalone.

I have to say, I really enjoyed taking part in this read-along. My life is crazy at the moment and I wasn't able to participate every day, but I did as much as I could and I had a really good time doing it. I'm really glad that, despite barely having a free moment this week, I was able to post today for the last day. I really want to thank Jess and Marie for putting together such a great event. I'll read-along again with you girls anytime!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about standalone v. trilogy. There are so many, I have mixed emotions about them too. I'm thinking this one may be better than some of them though, since it is about Robin Hood after all! :)

    I am so glad you were able to participate too! It was a lot of fun and I loved discussing and reading your thoughts on the book. <3 *hugs* You're the best! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. après exellent, félicitations
    : e-bloguer www.e-bloguer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Thank you for nice information
    Please visit our website unimuda and uhamka"

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.