Tuesday 30 August 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top of My TBR List

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten Books That Are On the Top of My TBR List for Autumn

These are all books that I have in my possession and really want to read, but still haven't. Some I need to read for challenges before the year is out, so I really do have to focus on them and stop getting distracted by other books.


10. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead


I remember eagerly awaiting the release of this Newbery Medal-winning book in the UK, which it finally was this year. Months later, it's still waiting to be read and it's very slim and looks like it can be read in a day, so I have no excuse.


9. Lament by Maggie Stiefvater


I bought this right at the beginning of the year, then decided that I wanted to wait for the release of Forever and finish one Maggie Stiefvater series before starting a new one. Now, I still have to read Forever and squeeze Lament and its sequel Ballad in before The Scorpio Races. Damn you, Maggie, for being prolific.


8. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys


This has been so well-reviewed; I'm sure it's excellent, I'm sure it'll make me weep and I'm sure I'll find a moment to read it soon.


7. Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon


I'm really excited to read this; I love fantasy and Asian-inspired fantasy in particular. And I will read it.


6. Wood Angel by Erin Bow


This book was published as Plain Kate in the States, but I think we got the prettier cover here in the UK. Anyway, this was a 2011 debut, so it's one I need to read for the challenge.


5. The Iron King by Julia Kagawa


I got this in a swap from ReadItSwapIt and at the time I didn't realise what a popular series it was. The more I've heard about it, the more I want to read it; I just haven't yet.


4. Raising Demons by Rachel Hawkins


I really enjoyed Hex Hall and bought the sequel straight away (yes, this is the UK version of Demonglass - another title change and one I don't approve of). I've still gotta read this.


3. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White


This is another book I received in a swap and the difference is that I set out to snag this one because I was desperate to read it. And I think I'm just 2 books away from it now - I see a reading in sight!


2. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand


I bought this as soon as it was released in UK paperback and I've heard so many wonderful things about the story; it's a mystery to me why I haven't read it yet.


1. Wither by Lauren DeStefano


I pre-ordered this one so I could have it on the day of release and I still haven't read it! I'm dying to; it's been the most raved about book of the year, I'm sure. Aaargh, there are just so many books and too little time!

9 comments:

  1. I've got a copy of Wither to read as well, same with The Iron King. I also want to read Lament and almost bought a copy today but it was more expensive than I expected so I'll get it from the library next month some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great list with several books I have either already read and loved (Unearthly) or want to read (Wither).

    ReplyDelete
  3. between shades of gray is awesome. i hope you enjoy it as much as i did. great list--it looks like you're in for some awesome fall reading :)

    i hope you can stop by and check out my top ten list this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Between Shades of Gray is on my list too! And I didn't put it on the list, but I need to get around to reading When You Reach Me as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many of these look really good! I've only read the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie and I'm eager to read more of her books!

    I saw Between Shades of Grey at my library, but I don't know if I'll ever pick it up. The subject of the book is a touchy one for me and I'd be too emotionally invested to probably give a fair review and I'd most likely go all political.

    The cover to Wood Angel is gorgeous! I've never heard of it before! I loved Unearthly! And I really want to read Wither!

    Lots of good books listed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unearthly and Wither are really good. I hope you enjoy them!

    My Top Ten: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/08/top-ten-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paranormalcy is so much fun, and I thought Wither was a great start to a new series. Awesome list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some truly fantastic books on your list. Between Shades of Gray is so awesome. I can't even describe how much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Between Shades of Gray, it's such a deep, touching book. I had to take a minute to myself after reading it, because it was just so emotional.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.