Wednesday 19 October 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #10

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My WoW pick for this week is:


Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore



Book 3, tentatively titled Bitterblue and currently in progress, is a companion book to both Graceling and Fire and takes place in the seven kingdoms eight years after Graceling. Bitterblue will tie all three books together in some way. Bitterblue is the sixteen-year-old protagonist, and Katsa, Po, Giddon, Helda, and other characters from Graceling will be part of the fabric of the book. Plenty of fighting still to come!



Published: 1st May 2012


WoW because: OK, so we still don't have the most detailed synopsis - the exact plot of this book still remains a mystery. But after 2 years of waiting, I am so freaking excited to finally have an official cover and release date for Bitterblue! I liked Graceling, but I really loved Fire, which gives me the impression that Kristin Cashore gets better with each book. And I adore the fantasy world she's created, with gracelings and monsters - humans with magical abilities. I'm assuming this is the UK cover, as it matches the style of the previous 2 UK covers and I am so thrilled to think it will be in my hands in less than 6 months!

7 comments:

  1. Ive never heard of this series. It definitely sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's mine: http://thebookishbabes.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my WoW last week!! Too friggen excited!!

    Old follower, check out my WoW here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for this one as well. She was my fav. character in Graceling. Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also wating for this one! I loved Graceling and Fire. I haven't seen this cover before, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read Graceling soon. Beautiful cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't remember if I've seen "Graceling" before, the cover looked familiar to me somehow. I feel there might a story behind the name Bitterblue and why it came to be. Mysterious art cover. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been craving Bitterblue FOR. EVER. I'm so, so, SO excited that they finally gave it a release date. Love this series so much. Need Bitterblue so badly!

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.