Saturday 31 December 2011

Best Books of 2011

Seeing all the 'best of' lists doing the rounds, I couldn't resist adding my own opinion to the best books published in 2011. I'm going to disclaim that I didn't read many of the books that were raved about this year (Wither, Unearthly and Between Shades of Gray are three that come to mind) and it's very possible that if I had, they would've made my list. This list is limited to the books that were published in 2011 that I read, and I've cheated a little by including one that was published in the US previously, but only published in the UK this year.

So, without further ado, my 'best of' list is as follows:


Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor



Across the Universe by Beth Revis



Dearly, Departed by Lia Habel



The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin



When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead



Invincible Summer by Hannah Moscowitz



Entangled by Cat Clarke



The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern


5 comments:

  1. Nice list! I just started The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer, it is good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I adored Across the Universe - I'm looking forward to reading more of the books on this list. Have a great new year!

    From a new follower :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww I really want to read Invincible Summer, others on your list were amazing and thats one Im definitely wanting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only read one book in your list so far :( Am very behind I think. Maybe 2012 will be the year that I catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only managed to read Across the Universe...but the rest of these books are on my to-read list! I got Mara Dyer and Night Circus for Christmas so I can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.