It'd be wonderful if my reading list was so up-to-date, I'd be able to pick as 'best' a book that was actually published this last month, but alas, it is not to be. However, people still buy/borrow/read books despite how long ago they were published, so I think there's still plenty of validity in making a personal recommendation each month.
In May 2011, I read:
1. Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
2. The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart
3. Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff
4. Sweethearts by Sara Zarr
5. Valiant by Holly Black
6. Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz
7. Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
8. (re-read) The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
And my Read of the Month was:
Some Girls Are
One of the most emotionally powerful books I've read; it was dark and twisted and just really grabbed me.
What was your Read of the Month?