Sunday 26 June 2011

In My Mailbox #9

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren. All links go to Amazon UK.

I have kind of a motley crew of books this week.




Doctor Who: The Writer's Tale by Russell T. Davies and Benjamin Cook
I saw this at the library and had to grab it. I'm a massive fan of Davies-era Doctor Who and this tells the behind-the-scenes story. Just the briefest skim-through showed me this was gonna be a great read and I can't wait to start it.

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
I picked this up at the free book stand we have at work. I'm going to the Canary Islands in a few weeks and I'm looking for some light beach reads to take with me.

Rumours by Anna Godbersen
Another potential beach read that I found at the library. I actually read the first Luxe book at the beach last year, so might as well make it a tradition!

The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
I was really glad to get a copy of this at ReadItSwapIt, because it's out of print in the UK. I've seen this book recommended on a couple of sites, most notably Steph Su Reads and after watching TV's Game of Thrones, I've really felt like tackling some high fantasy in my reading.

Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
This was also on the free book stand at work and I loved the BBC series, so I thought, why not try it?

8 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to take a look at the Luxe series! Looks like you had a good book week :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Eat Pray Love, but I haven't actually gotten around to reading...happens when I have such a long TBR list! I hope you enjoy all you got this week! Here's My IMM if you get the chance to check it out! Happy reading!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set! I've always wanted to read Elizabeth Gaskell. I'm not so interested in Eat Pray Love but I am interested in "Eat Slay Love."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. Nice finds! My friend recently read and enjoyed the entire Luxe series and assures me that I should read them. My TBR list has never been so long. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great IMM this week! My hubby would probably love to get his hands on that Dr. Who book, I'll have to tell him about it! haha. Thanks! :)

    My IMM is here:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't much like Eat Pray Love the movie but I'd like to know what the book is like. I loved Cranford the series and the book. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments, everyone.

    CHE - I didn't really like the Eat Pray Love movie, either, but I remember it had a light plot and pretty scenery, so I thought the book might be suitable for the beach.

    Heh, Alison, I looked up Eat Slay Love and now I'm interested in that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting the Ashram and seeing the difficulty that Liz experienced was impactful. It's definitely the state of mind that can influence one's self discovery. Eat, Pray, Love has many great life lessons throughout each of Elizabeth's journeys. My favorite part of her discovery rests in Bali. I am actually working on my blog, searching the net for news on upcoming movies, and watching Eat, Pray, Love online all at the same time with my DISHONLINE.COM access. This is available to everyone with their subscription to DISH Network. For more information on how your subscription stacks up to DISH Network travel over to BestTVforMe.com.

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.