Friday 8 July 2011

Follow My Book Blog Friday #5

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View.



Q. What is the worst book that you've ever read and actually finished?

I don't even have to think about it: definitely On the Road by Jack Kerouac. It's such a classic and listed as a favourite by so many, that I felt I had to finish it. But I hated it so much and was so reluctant to read it, that it took me SIX MONTHS before I was done with it, which of course just made the hate worse. It was the boring, repetitive writing that did me in. I fully agree with what Truman Capote said about Kerouac: "That's not writing, that's typing." Guess I'll never be a Beatnik - I'm fine with that.

 

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a new follower

    That book sounds sooo familiar... I'll have to look it up once I post this. Not that I want to read it now ;-)

    ~Christy

    http://loveofbooks409.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, ok, maybe I won't read it... ok, I forget the maybe, I won't read it. Period. I don't want to be stuck with one book six monts... zzzzzz....

    BTW, new follower here! This is my FF: http://www.librarianmouse.com/2011/07/feature-follow-friday-3.html

    Hope you have a great weekend! Hugs,

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I don't know if I'd like On the Road. I'm curious though because of the upcoming movie.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read all of On the Road, but I enjoyed what I read of it.

    I'm a new follower! :)

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.