Sunday 17 July 2011

In My Mailbox #11

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren. All links go to Amazon UK.


I'm finally free! I finished work on Friday and now I have 6 weeks of glorious freedom ahead of me. So what did I do to celebrate? Get a cartload of books to keep me in reading material the whole summer, of course!


Bought/Swapped:


Raising Demons: A Hex Hall Novel by Rachel Hawkins
I read the first book only a couple of weeks ago, so I felt very lucky to stumble upon this second-hand copy.

Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler
From a swap from ReadItSwapIt.


Borrowed:


Divergent by Veronica Roth
Everybody has gone crazy for this book - of course, I had to grab it when I got the chance.

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Another 2011 debut that I've read nothing but positive reviews for.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
I said I'd read this before the movie came out and it's out in a few weeks, so I've really got to get a move on.

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
I loved the TV series.

Sweet Valley Confidential by Francine Pascal
I have fond memories of the original series.

Blood Red Road by Moira Young
I actually don't know much about this one; I picked it up because I recognised it as a 2011 debut and I'm participating in the challenge.

The Summer I Turned Pretty and It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
To be honest, I just picked these up because they had 'summer' in the titles and I was just that buzzed about it being summer.


That's it! A summer of reading now awaits!

6 comments:

  1. omg you UK covers are always so pretty!!!
    very good choices! Divergent was amazing!
    -Al
    MY IMM: http://magnet4books.blogspot.com/2011/07/imm.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blood Red Road and Divergent are fantastic dystopians!

    Hunger is different to what I expected, but still good!

    Here's My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a nice mailbox this week. I just got Demonglass from the library this week. I haven't started reading it yet.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! Between Shades of Gray is one of my favorite books this year. I have Game of Thrones but haven't read it yet.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great books! I really want to read Hunger. It has been on my TBR pile for a while

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divergent is awesome, and Blood Red Road sounds really good.

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.