Friday 10 June 2011

Book Blogger Hop #2

I'm taking part in the Book Blogger Hop, hosted by Crazy for Books. Although this week, it's being hosted by Lori's Reading Corner.

Book Blogger Hop 

 "Who is the one author that you are dying to meet?"

I wasn't sure if I was allowed to give the name of a dead person, but I checked and others seem to have. So I am going to say Roald Dahl. The things I've heard about Dahl make him seem like fantastic company - it's said that he was so gifted with words and imagination that he could make the most mundane conversation sound amazing and that his children's friends used to beg to sleep over at the Dahl house, because it meant hearing the most brilliant bedtime stories. If I met Dahl, I would like to thank him for making me a lover of books, as his were the first I ever fell for.

7 comments:

  1. Great answer! Dahl was a magician. Did you know he also had a bit of 007 in him? Yep. He was a secret agent for Great Britain.

    Discover new authors at Indie Snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Roald Dahl is such a good answer, I love him. The BFG is one of the first books I remember loving as a kid. I also have a book of his short stories which are fantastic. I'm feeling a reread coming on! :)

    New follower
    -Andie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a huge book of his stories for grown ups and each of those stories are so spell binding. I would LOVE to meet Dahl. I'll be following you now.
    http://kafkatokindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Returning your follow! Roald Dahl would be an awesome author to meet! Great answer :) Happy hopping.

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting!
    I've only ever read Matilda by Dahl, but it was so great. I can imagine that meeting him would be splendid inddeed! :)
    Hopefully the rest of your weekend is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roald Dahl is definitely a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog :). I'm following you back. You know, I didn't even think about choosing a dead author... that just made the choice even harder, but you made a good choice! Have a great week! Here's my IMM! ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.