Ten bloggers are hosting this challenge from January 1st, 2012 to December 31st, 2012. The idea is that you read books that have been sitting on your shelf for a while; they have to have been published in 2011 or earlier.
These are the challenge guidelines:
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012.
- As the hosts would like to see quality reviews linked up to the monthly wrap-ups, only bloggers can enter. Sorry about that!
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge (You need to include the info + host list + challenge button. You can also grab the button code and add it to your sidebar!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- At the end of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it's unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It's open to INTERNATIONALS. For participating in the mini-challenge you will get +1 entry.
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - the hosts will be checking ;)
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway - 12 books, 12 winners, INTERNATIONAL.
- You don't have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children
Here is the list of hosts:
I am going to pledge to read 15 books from my TBR pile, which puts me on the 'A Friendly Hug' level. I'm committing to them in advance; this post is proof and I cannot weasel my way out of reading them (and they're great-sounding books, so why would I want to?!).
1. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
2. Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
3. What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell
4. Nobody's Girl by Sarra Manning
5. Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler
6. The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
7. Bread and Roses, Too by Katherine Paterson
8. Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld
9. The Enemy by Charlie Higson
10. When It Happens by Susane Colasanti
11. The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing by M. T. Anderson
12. Bloom by Elizabeth Scott
13. Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon
14. Love and Other Four Letter Words by Carolyn Mackler
15. Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips
I imagine each read book will be like a weight off my shoulders. If you want to feel the same, I suggest you sign up too!