Friday 16 September 2011

Follow My Book Blog Friday #13

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read




Q. It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality?

Sometimes these questions seemed designed to make me say "Harry Potter" but I'm forcing myself to try and think beyond the obvious. So I'm going to choose the world of Sweet Valley instead, which is somewhere I spent a lot of time dreaming about as a tween. Although ostensibly set in our world, it wasn't really - everybody in Sweet Valley was gobsmackingly beautiful and sixteen year-olds had the kind of opportunities that people in the real world wait years for just dropped into their laps (the Wakefield twins managed to work as journalists, soap stars, au pairs and models before turning 17)! Best of all? Time works differently there, so you get about eight summers every year instead of only one!

11 comments:

  1. Great answer! Lot's of people went with Harry Potter, and I know it popped into my head. But I do like Sweet Valley!

    New Follower!

    http://readingtopenguins.blogspot.com/2011/09/following-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to change my answer ... Can I have my own Ken Matthews? Seriously, LOVED him. LOL And I could handle 8 summers a school year. ;)

    New follower! Feel free to check out my FF:
    http://theirishbanana.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Izzy and I'm stopping by for Follow Friday. Haha, what an original and funny answer! Sweet Valley definitely isn't a choice I've seen so far, and it's a nice break from all the Harry Potter that everyone's going with.

    Izzy @ My Words Ate Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA, I love your answer!

    Have you read the new 'adult' Sweet Valley book? I keep meaning to, but it's never in at the library. Eight summers a year doesn't thrill me (winter's my favourite season!), but other than that, I'll take Sweet Valley High if I can have Jessica's bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I never even thought about Sweet Valley, but that would be fantastic! Those girls definitely had the life. Tons of excitement, but it always worked out perfectly in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to think out of the box! Great answer! New follower :)

    Happy Friday!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, Sweet Valley Twins! Great answer!!! :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Valley would be fun! :D Here's my FF: http://thoughtsatoneinthemorning.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice answer. I should have thought of that too ;) Oh my, started reading those in the 90's. Definitely a world Id like to see also.

    New follower here, mine's middle earth and VA. Happy friday!

    iamjenai

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.