Sunday 25 September 2011

In My Mailbox #17

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren.

Here's what I got this week:


Guys, you cannot even imagine how much I wanted to scream when I saw this. As you will see from the Amazon link, this is not even published in the UK until the 29th and I found it in a secondhand bookshop on Tuesday. It's not an ARC either; it's a finished copy. I suppose the practical explanation is that somebody who works in bookselling got an early copy and donated it, but I prefer the idea that blogger gods are out there, smiling on us.

Die for Me by Amy Plum 
From a swap with Read It Swap It. This is a 2011 debut and I've heard some good things. Like it's set in Paris, which I love.

Heist Society by Ally Carter

It wasn't all good news this past week; I was disappointed because Ally Carter did 2 book signings in London and I learned about the first too late and then couldn't make the second. So I was upset I didn't get to meet her, but I did buy myself a signed copy of this book from the bookseller afterward, to make myself feel better.


And my final piece of good luck:


Perception by Heather Cashman
I won the Kindle edition of this book from Book Crook Liza. I'm so excited to read it; it's been getting great reviews. Thank you again, Liza! 


So...did the blogger gods smile on you this week?

16 comments:

  1. I loved Heist Society and actually just finished the sequel, Uncommon Criminals, this week. I also enjoyed Die For Me, though I think my expectations were a bit too high.

    I liked your "story" behind Daughter of Smoke and Bone... I always love unexpected finds like that! I've been able to score some ARCs of YA books I was looking forward to reading in my local library's donation bin a couple of times and that was super exciting! And The Book Depository shipped a book I was really looking forward to (Angel Fire) early this week even though it doesn't release until October 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, sooo jealous of your Daughter of Smoke and Bone.
    I managed to get my hands on an ARC (and absolutely loved it). As soon as I closed the book I jumped to pre-order it.

    I love the UK cover, it's so gorgeous.
    It's definitely the blogger gods!

    Hope you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. daughter of smoke and bone--that's an great find!! awesome books--enjoy!! :D

    hope you can stop by our IMM.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. All awesome books! Daughter of Smoke and Bone is quite an amazing find. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I can't wait to read Smoke and Bone! Lucky for you to have snagged a copy already! Die for me also looks good.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Don't forget to enter my giveaways for some ARCs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, I'm happy you found Daughter of Smoke and Bone! That's really cool! :) I've been wanting to read it as well!

    And I can't wait to see what you think of Perception! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh you got Daughter of Smoke and Bone! That's really cool! I don't get to see a lot of YA books in the *only* used bookshop near me. :(

    Happy reading!

    Pam @ jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. The UK cover for Daughter of Smoke and Bone is so pretty!!! So is the US cover, but I think I may like the UK one better. Always fun to run across a desired book early too. :)

    Thanks for stopping by mine! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great find! I have an Arc of Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I really want die for me :) Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books! I really liked Die for Me. It was good! I hope you like it!

    MY IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Daughter Of Smoke And Bone and Heist Society are SOOOOOO good! I hope you enjoy them both :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so awesome that you got daughter of smoke and bone early! haha I love the blogger gods :)

    Old Follower. :)

    My IMM- Book Briefs

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Daughter of Smoke and Bone has a beautiful cover! Congrats! It sounds like a great book, too - it's on my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really want to read Smoke & Bone too - lucky!!!

    Check out our Mailbox at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got Smoke and Bone this week too. That and Night Circus are seriously the hits of the blogosphere lately. Hope you enjoy it!!!


    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really loved Heist Society and Die For Me---definitely looking forward to reading Daughter of Smoke & Bone!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.