Tuesday 13 September 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Read Because of Another Blogger

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten Books I Read Because of Another Blogger

In honour of BBAW, this list recognises all the great books I never would have found without a little help from the blogging world.

10. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson


I saw this featured on a few blogs and the title always stuck with me. I didn't even realise it was sci-fi; that was a nice surprise!


9. Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines


The premise - of a girl fighting in an alternative future where gladiator games have returned - would have interested me no matter what, but I never would have heard about this book without Becky's Book Reviews.


8. Plan B by Jenny O'Connell

Following Pub Rants means hearing all about Agent Kristin's clients and their books. The plotline of a girl finding out she has a famous half-brother could have been silly, but I was surprised at how well done it was and how much I liked it.


7. Valiant by Holly Black


Justine Larbalestier said this was the book which most reflected her teenage experiences and that piqued my interest (presumably she doesn't mean the parts with magic and faeries.) Valiant is the kind of book that I like more and more, the more thought I give to it.


6. Secret Society Girl by Diana Peterfreund


I am a huge fan of this series and Diana Peterfreund's writing in general. I actually read her blog first and fell so hard for her writing style that I had to buy her books.


5. The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart


Ruby Oliver is like Jessica Darling and Katniss Everdeen - one of the heroines so beloved by bloggers and readers, that you know you have to take the time to meet them yourself.


4. Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers


Great reviews encouraged me to read this one. It's hard to read at times (especially if you've even been through bullying yourself) but it is amazingly powerful.


3. Entangled by Cat Clarke


Jenny @ Wondrous Reads highlighted this book as one of the UK debuts of 2011 to watch out for. Mixing the genres of teen drama and psychological thriller was inspired and this was a book that I had trouble putting down.


2. Across the Universe by Beth Revis


This was on the list of 2011 debuts for the Story Siren's challenge. Little did I know, it would become my favourite read of the year.


1. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


About 18 months ago, I'd read the big novels like Twilight and The Hunger Games and I was desperate for more YA to feed my growing addiction. I took to the internet to find new recommendations and Shiver was one of the first I found. Because of this it will always have a special place in my heart (that, and the story, the romance, the characters and Maggie Stiefvater's writing).

6 comments:

  1. Shiver is one I was recommended through blogs too and I'm so very glad I found it - it's such a wonderful book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these, except one and two, are new to me. So, I suppose, you could say that I found all of these titles from another blogger!

    Here's my list, Top Ten Books I Read Because of Another Reader. I'd also invite you to sign up for the contest to win a $25 Amazon giftcard this month at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of these books yet! I guess I should get moving on that! I did however put Across the Universe on hold the other day and am still waiting for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list of books! I will have to check out Across the Universe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Secret Society Girl is one I just discovered at a thrift store. I kinda debated on it, then thought, why not? It's worth a try. I'm glad to see somebody else has heard of it and enjoyed it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so many great things about Across the Universe. I can't wait to read it. What would we all do without recommendations from other bloggers?!?

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.