Friday 23 September 2011

Follow My Book Blog Friday #14

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.


Q. Do you have a favourite series that you read over and over again? Tell us a bit about it and why you keep on revisiting it? 

One of my biggest regrets as an adult reader is that I never reread anymore. I really want to, and my favourite series (Harry Potter, His Dark Materials, The Hunger Games, The Princess Diaries) are where I want to start. However, my huge and ever-increasing TBR pile makes me put books I've already read on the backburner. 


When I was younger though, I read The Babysitters' Club over and over. And over. What attracted me that series was that they presented being a teenager as time of wonderful opportunities. The characters were also going on trips or starting new hobbies or stumbling across adventure. Honestly, the babysitting was the least interesting part of it. I'd read those books and want to take art classes like Claudia or live in New York like Stacey or solve the mystery of a haunted house like Dawn. Being a teen turned out to be nothing like that, but as an adult, I am a try-anything, adventurous type. I think I may have to thank The Babysitters' Club for that.

10 comments:

  1. I agree my current TBR pile is too huge for me to have time to go back and re-read books!

    Trish - My Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. My TBR list is also pretty long, but I know that there are plenty of books that I wish I had to time to go back and read again. I've never actually read The Babysitter's Club. It never really appealed to me as a kid, but then again I probably never really gave them a chance. I was always more into the supernatural kinds of books!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Babysitter's Club series is one of my favorite series ever. I use to love these books so much!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I end up rereading books so much because I get in that mood where NOTHING is acceptable except an old and beloved book. New books are right out. So...I end up rereading a lot, but a lot of the same books over and over.

    I was a total BSC reader too as a kid. My friends and I would get together on the playground to 'group read' the latest one. We always wanted to start a babysitters' club (of course) but never did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove all these series :) The Hunger Games forsure, but His Dark Materials is a classic! I love that series, it's so awesome. And of course Harry Potter :)Awesome choices!
    New follower!

    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! Our TBR piles just get bigger. Personally with school it will only become a mountain now. Love the Hunger Games and HP too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. Yay for the BSC. I was such a fan. Stacy was my fav.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the Babysitters Club!I read those books so many times when I was growing up. I think I need to read some of them again for nostalgia's sake :) Old follower. My FF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey TG,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and what do you mean you've never heard of the Brotherhood?!? 0_0 BDB is so great, probably not for everyone b/c it's tone is very...well..unapologetic/graphic/kick a**, but it's one of my absolute favorites :) Haven't ever read a Babysitter's Club book; however, I remember loving that movie when I was growing up. I feel you about the ever-growing TBR pile. So many books, so little time, right?
    Anyway, have a great weekend,
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. The BSC!! I read those religiously as a young teen. I couldn't get enough. I wish now that I'd saved all of my books, instead of sending them off to the thrift shop. May have to try and collect them again.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following...following you back!

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.