Wednesday 21 September 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #8

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My WoW pick for this week is:


Firelight by Kristen Callihan



London, 1881
Once the flames are ignited . . .

 
Miranda Ellis is a woman tormented. Plagued since birth by a strange and powerful gift, she has spent her entire life struggling to control her exceptional abilities. Yet one innocent but irreversible mistake has left her family's fortune decimated and forced her to wed London's most nefarious nobleman.


They will burn for eternity . . . 

 
Lord Benjamin Archer is no ordinary man. Doomed to hide his disfigured face behind masks, Archer knows it's selfish to take Miranda as his bride. Yet he can't help being drawn to the flame-haired beauty whose touch sparks a passion he hasn't felt in a lifetime. When Archer is accused of a series of gruesome murders, he gives in to the beastly nature he has fought so hard to hide from the world. But the curse that haunts him cannot be denied. Now, to save his soul, Miranda will enter a world of dark magic and darker intrigue. For only she can see the man hiding behind the mask.


Released: 1st February 2012


WoW because: Adult romance? Not usually my thing. BUT the early buzz on this book suggest its a one-of-a-kind read that breaks the mold. Agent Kristin calls it "a dark gothic Victorian historical romance with an unusual paranormal twist" and there's not one adjective in that sentence that I don't like. I'm so ready for an unique read and sounds like the book most likely to knock my socks off next year.

2 comments:

  1. How great is this cover?? I'm the same as you. I don't usually read adult romance but the whole disfigured mask thing has got me interested. Very Phantom of the Opera. And I love the idea of Miranda's powers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I have not heard of this book yet. It looks really interesting! Hello TBR pile- meet Firelight!

    Thanks for following my blog and giving me an awesome rec for another blog! I had not heard of Liza before, but her blog is really cool.

    Im also following you by email now too :)

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.